Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Runners Block

So when I started out running, I was doing so well at going almost every day and was keeping up a pretty decent pace.  My roommate and I have been eating very healthy and losing weight to get into shape for summer.  And then I got stupid and decided to double my distance one day and see what I could do a 10k in.  I finished my 10k in 57 minutes and felt great after the run... and then the knee pain started the next morning. At first it wasn't that bad and I could still do some stuff on it without much pain, but I really felt something snapped when I was moving furniture up and down stairs.  Every since then it was been so painful to bend the knee and do any heavy activity.  This really SUCKS because I am trying to get back into shape and run a half marathon in a few short months!  Not only the running and getting in shape, but at work I am constantly squatting, sitting, going up and down steps and running down kids.  So now here I am laying on a couch watching T.V. and icing my knee thinking about how much I want to run to burn off all the calories I just hate.  I really hope it heals fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment